Crescent Issues today??

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Late last night I noticed an empty train on the siding at Atlanta's Amtrak depot facing north. The train was still there today. Ergo, it appears that 20 is beginning in Atlanta today. I noticed that 20 ran yesterday but was 2+ hours late arriving into Atlanta. Anybody know is there was an accident or repair work going on west of Atlanta? I didn't see anything on Amtrak's site but I could have overlooked it. Just curious more than anything.

I believe it is a result of the delays from the Northeast Corridor. The southbound couldn't make it time to be turned for 20 so they probably truncated 19 and the next 20 to and from Atlanta. I'm not 100% sure this is the case, but I believe that the 20 that should have been the heavily delayed (I heard 14 hours) 19 was listed as having a service disruption.

Train 20 that left New Orleans on the 30th arrived WAS this evening at 8:05 pm and will continue to New York tonight. There was a stalled freight north of Birmingham which started the delay. Lost more time at night then had issues with the signals because of the weather and power outages Then had to have crew change 15 minutes outside CVS.

Local NYC ABC news is showing people recounting the sheer horror of being stuck on the Cardinal in WV for 22 hours.
The reports I saw on national news mentioned nothing about a "horror". On the contrary, the pax interviewed were understanding of the situation and complimentary of the crew. They pointed out that the train was the only thing in town that had power.

There still are some lingering delays from the south due to late arriving equipment and equipment out of position. But things are finally getting back to normal today. Looks like for the first time since the storm the Carolinian is expected to arrive on time today. The other northbounds are all reported lass than 3 hours behind. The Palmetto that was supposed to have arrived in Savannah yesterday arrived at 7:20 am or so today, so naturally the return trip is a bit tardy.

90 departure from SAV pushed back to 2:50pm today. Given heat orders, it will be another long night for the 90, probably arriving sometime tomorrow early morning. Yesterday's 90 is now scheduled to arrive into NYP at 1:23pm today. OTOH 98 arrived 21 mins early yesterday!

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back