Crescent will probably be delayed tonight in SC

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Last edited by a moderator:
The CSX line is not that busy, I live along this line and the trains are fairly infrequent though it does see fast Intermodals both directions several times a day. It's basically single track between Atlanta and Augusta with passing tracks every now and then Lithonia, GA being a meeting spot.

The CSX line is not that busy, I live along this line and the trains are fairly infrequent though it does see fast Intermodals both directions several times a day. It's basically single track between Atlanta and Augusta with passing tracks every now and then Lithonia, GA being a meeting spot.
I live in Decatur and there is an average of one train per hour at least, intermodal plus unit coal trains for Ga Power plus a few general freight. There have been no trains thru Decatur since about this time yesterday. I'm sure they're backed up from the ports. I haven't been by Hulsey yard, but I imagine it's more than full.

This is obviously going to be a few days before they get this cleaned up. What's the most likely scenario to happen here?

Let's just say I have a vested interest in this route in the near future.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back