CUS Metropolitan Lounge hours

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

D.P. Roberts

Conductor
What are the CUS Metropolitan Lounge's hours? Is the checked luggage desk open the whole time the lounge is open?

We're just wondering because we'll be arriving on the (hopefully) early morning train 29 tomorrow, & wanted to drop our bags off so we could go explore Chicago for a few hours.

What are the CUS Metropolitan Lounge's hours? Is the checked luggage desk open the whole time the lounge is open?

We're just wondering because we'll be arriving on the (hopefully) early morning train 29 tomorrow, & wanted to drop our bags off so we could go explore Chicago for a few hours.
I don't have the exact hours of operation but do know it will be open when you arrive (it opens like @ 7:00AM)since the CONO arrives early in the AM, and stays open till the LSL departs @ 9:30PM or whatever time it finally Leaves!(Ive been in the Lounge late as 11:45PM!!)

The Check room for bag storeageis across from the check in desk in the lounge and is open when the lounge is, very nice guys in CHI(much nicer than the Queen Bees that "man" the desk and the Gates! :lol: )! Dont forget to tip him a few bucks,, and if you want a RedCap to go to your Train theyll load you up right by the desk and take you on their cart to the Train if you dont want to walk the Green Mile to the Platform! Think you know about all the CHI places to check out, theres tons on this site! Wish I was going, it's 108 down here in Phoenix east! :eek:

Last edited by a moderator:

The Metropolitan Lounge in CUS opens at 8:30 AM or sooner if by chance train 29 is early.

The Metropolitan Lounge in CUS opens at 8:30 AM or sooner if by chance train 29 is early.
:hi: Thanks for updated info, I arrived several times Early on the Cap and CONO and it was open ,so thought it opened earlier on a regular basis!

I don't have the exact hours of operation but do know it will be open when you arrive (it opens like @ 7:00AM)since the CONO arrives early in the AM, and stays open till the LSL departs @ 9:30PM or whatever time it finally Leaves!(Ive been in the Lounge late as 11:45PM!!)

The Check room for bag storeageis across from the check in desk in the lounge and is open when the lounge is, very nice guys in CHI(much nicer than the Queen Bees that "man" the desk and the Gates! :lol: )! Dont forget to tip him a few bucks,, and if you want a RedCap to go to your Train theyll load you up right by the desk and take you on their cart to the Train if you dont want to walk the Green Mile to the Platform! Think you know about all the CHI places to check out, theres tons on this site! Wish I was going, it's 108 down here in Phoenix east! :eek:
There have been a few times that I have found the baggage area of the lounge closed but only for short periods of time and never close to train time. I guess the Red Cap manning the room needs to take a break now and then. Jim is right, don't forget the tip.

Yeah, it opens usually around 8:30AM.

I have NEVER seen it open at 7:00AM. I have done the departures of 301 (STL) at 7:00AM, 381 (QCY) at 7:35AM, and 391 (CDL) at 8:15AM and its never been open for those.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back