Customer Satisfaction Survey from Amtrak

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

RandyJay

Train Attendant
Don't know if this is something new or not - I received a customer satisfaction survey form and postage paid reply envelope in the mail today from Amtrak. About 22 questions, to be rated on a 0-100 scale (only ten steps in that range though) regarding a recent trip I had taken on #1 last month. This just came out of the blue - I had not written or called Amtrak at all - so it must just be a random selection process. It appears that they are at least trying to get some customer feedback, which is a good thing. Questions covered friendliness of employees, variety and quality of food, comfort of seating and air conditioning, restroom cleanliness, on-time performance, etc. I rated them 70-100 on everything since I really did have a pretty good trip (on time out of NOL, only 40 min late into SAS). I have posted a low-res scan (jpeg) HERE if you care to see it. Anyway, let's cross our fingers that we are seeing a sign of Amtrak starting to become more concerned about the customer by actually ASKING them what they thought!

Its not a new thing, the survey looks a bit different now adays but my grandparents, once frequent Amtrak travelers got a couple of surveys after their travels in the mid-1990s. Most of the questions were the same sorta things.

Interesting survey. Amtrak should put these aboard trains in the seat pockets in Coaches and in the rooms in Sleeping Cars. Passengers can take them with them if desired, fill them out, and mail them off the costumer service. Much like hotels do.

I received a survey regarding my trip on the CS in June. I went RT but they only wanted me to survey the first half. It was an amazing trip so I rated them high. The only small detail was the train was 6 hours late. I didn't care about that much but I wonder if I got the survey because of the extreme lateness.

I agree with Amfleet, I think they should put these surveys on the train. I am of the opinion the average person would not think to call Amtrak if they liked or disliked the train trip. I don't know about most people but I like filling out those cards. I am of the impression that companies want to know what people think of them, good or bad. If Amtrak furnished cards to fill out maybe they would find out the things about the train that people love and then Amtrak could enhance that or if they got negatives comments then they could act accordingly.

Diane

After my trip in August I received a survey about a week ago - interestingly enough my survey was specifically about the Philly station and the Acela lounge. I thought that was kinda weird actually.

I seem to get one about every 3 months or so from my weekly travels. Sometimes I wonder if they are ever looked at and where the information goes (if it is even tabulated to begin with it).

I agree that the survey should be offered to every passenger, much like Wendys used to (if not still doing) put customer satisfaction cards at every table. Its good to see that show (or at least act) like they care about customers opinions. I've personally never gotten one, but maybe in December. :rolleyes:

I, too, got one from my recent trip, but only specifically for the Atlanta-Washington portion of the trip, none of the rest. I am sure I have received them a time or two in the past.

I recall my trip was about the same time as Randy Jay's, because we happened to realize we had ridden in the same set of equipment.

They send those surveys out on a random basis or if they get numerous complaints about a particular train on a particular date.

********** Note: 11 Year Old Thread ************

I recently road amtrak for the first time thinking and hoping the 700 mile trip would be in a reasonable amount of time.needless to say it took me over 20 hours to make that trip one way, My uncle hitched hike the same trip made it there faster than I did and he was holding his thumb out for a ride . hitch hiking ... go figures

Last edited:
I have gotten 2. Both were on the state supported train. 1 each for Mo & IL. Nothing adverse about the trips. So I thought it may have something to do with the State dollars.

We went from Memphis, TN to Chicago IL, it was a first time and wonderful experience for all of us (8 people) travel with Amtrak, their sits are really comfortables, the food was good, the attention was excellent, the time expecting to arrive to Chicago was on time, the temperature was perfect, bathroom clean, the returning trip was one and half hour late because of the weather(which was really bad that day), but we were fine with the waiting time because safety is the most important thing, so was better wait and be safe.

Thank you so much Amtrak!

Instructors and Students from MBA

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back