CZ 631 car

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just booked to roomettes on the CZ for my GF and myself. Her first ride on the CZ. Donctor's consists shows that the sleepers are currently on the back of the CZ. Will that still be the case memorial day weekend when we go?

Thanks.

In my watching the #5 Zephyr head westbound from Sacramento today, the two sleepers remained on the rear. The same as they were when I rode the Zephyr both ways in December, and the same as that train has been running for over a year and a half. Unlike other Amtrak trains, having the sleepers on the rear seems to be permanent and not seasonal. I would count on your sleeping cars being on the back of the train come May as well. :)

Three years ago, we rode the CZ in late June and the sleepers were in front. Well, actually, the engines were in front, but the sleepers weren't far behind!

It has been several years since the CZ sleepers were moved to the rear of the consist -- year-round. There is no reason to expect that to be any different in the coming months.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back