CZ Dorm sleeper

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

amtrakmichigan

Lead Service Attendant
Would any of you know if the 0632 car on the CZ is the Transition / Dorm Sleeper? If so, are the standard revenue sleepers on the front or rear of the train now days?

Thanks

I was in the front in May 2010, that was the last I remember.
I've ridden this route at least half a dozen times since 2011. The sleepers have always been the last cars on the consist (with the exception of the occasional private cars).
Yes. My last ride there was in 2010, and the OP said it had been a few years since the change. I understood the implication that within a year or so after my last trip on the CZ that they must have made that change.

And for that 632 sleeper, it is not possible to say whether the roomettes or the bedrooms will be at the very back of the train -- I've seen that last car oriented both ways in my travels.

Last edited by a moderator:
632 is the last car in the winter, in the summer they run a 633. The trip I took last summer had the roomette's in the back of 633, but you never know. The trains I have seen recently have 631 with roomettes in front and 632 with roomettes in back.

Last edited by a moderator:
Years ago, the CZ had the sleepers in front and coaches in back during the winter, with the opposite in the summer. The last few years has had the coaches up front and the sleepers on the rear year round.

Orientation of the superliners is almost universally random.

Auto Train can stay mostly static, since the cars aren't swapped around or turned very often.

But for the rest of the route, it's pretty much luck of the draw.

Viewliners are slightly more predictable because of the single vestibule at one end.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back