CZ Roomette no 2

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi

I've booked a Roomette for a trip from Chicago to Emmeryville next May. I have paid $262 which I presume is a good deal. I travelled on the CZ a few years ago and loved it. My only concern is that I have been allocated Room no2. Will I be on the right side of the train for the best scenary or will I need to move to the Observation Car ?

Welcome!

Since sleepers can be put on in either direction, you won't know until you board. But as you said, if it's on "the wrong side" you can always go to the Sightseer!

Last edited by a moderator:
And that is an excellant price, you can't get a roomette for less money than that. Requesting to move your room to a different number could result in a higher cost. So with The_Traveler's comments in mind, that the cars can be orientated in either direction, I'd say keep smiling about the great price and don't worry too much about which side of the car you're on.

And that is an excellant price, you can't get a roomette for less money than that. Requesting to move your room to a different number could result in a higher cost. So with The_Traveler's comments in mind, that the cars can be orientated in either direction, I'd say keep smiling about the great price and don't worry too much about which side of the car you're on.
I don't think there's a "good" or "bad" side of the CZ. It's spectacular west of Denver through the Colorado River gorge, and the gorge itself keeps changing from one side of the train to the other. Even if you're in the observation car you'll find yourself turning from one side to the other.

"Think" is an incorrect term about the wrong side. :) On the CZ my friend its not like its ugly on one side and absolutely beautiful on the other side....just doesn't work that way on this route! Don't sweat it, you've got a great price and an awesome roomette number. Its right by everything so don't even "think" for one second its gonna suck cuz it ain't my friend! Enjoy your trip! :)

Al

HiI've booked a Roomette for a trip from Chicago to Emmeryville next May. I have paid $262 which I presume is a good deal. I travelled on the CZ a few years ago and loved it. My only concern is that I have been allocated Room no2. Will I be on the right side of the train for the best scenary or will I need to move to the Observation Car ?
I could very well be wrong but,double check your card charges, I believe $262 is the cost of the upgrade, dont forget the $145 rail fare!

RF

HiI've booked a Roomette for a trip from Chicago to Emmeryville next May. I have paid $262 which I presume is a good deal. I travelled on the CZ a few years ago and loved it. My only concern is that I have been allocated Room no2. Will I be on the right side of the train for the best scenary or will I need to move to the Observation Car ?
I could very well be wrong but,double check your card charges, I believe $262 is the cost of the upgrade, dont forget the $145 rail fare!

RF
That is correct, the $262 is the charge for the roomette. The railfare would be added to that amount.

RF
That is correct, the $262 is the charge for the roomette. The railfare would be added to that amount.
Hi

Yes I realise there is a further $145 for the rail fare. Still not a bad deal. Thanks for all your replies, really lookong forward to the trip.

RF
Hi

Yes I realise there is a further $145 for the rail fare. Still not a bad deal. Thanks for all your replies, really lookong forward to the trip.
YEP! The best deal you can get, unless you can get the travelor to let ya tag along! :lol:

RF

I think there is an observation car on the CZ, so if you think the view is better on the other side, go to that car.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back