CZ Route

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

CNW

Service Attendant
I'm sure this has been covered in the numerous posts about the CZ, but I am weary of going all through them again and just want to know this. Is the route they are taking this summer under ordinary circumstances the one that is listed in the guide, seems I remember something about detours etc. I plan to go soon and was wondering about the situation between DEN and EMY. Thanks.

There are currently no scheduled CZ detours. If there were, amtrak.com would present you with a "service disruptions" link when you try to book. That said, CZ is prone to unscheduled detours because of rockslides, mudslides, track damage, bridge damage, etc. in the Rockies. There were some detours just last week.

That said, I think your chances of getting a ride through the Rockies are well over 90%. And in your case, an unscheduled detour through Wymoming wouldn't be that big of a deal -- since you're going all the way to EMY, you'll still get plenty of mountain scenery as the train goes through the Sierras.

There are currently no scheduled CZ detours. If there were, amtrak.com would present you with a "service disruptions" link when you try to book.
It would NOT say "Service Disruption" if OP is going from DEN to EMY, because there still would be service to both stations. If OP were boarding at a station that did not have service (maybe like Fraser or Provo), then it would say "Service Disruption"! :rolleyes:

There are currently no scheduled CZ detours. If there were, amtrak.com would present you with a "service disruptions" link when you try to book.
It would NOT say "Service Disruption" if OP is going from DEN to EMY, because there still would be service to both stations. If OP were boarding at a station that did not have service (maybe like Fraser or Provo), then it would say "Service Disruption"! :rolleyes:
It's not a "disruption" but a service alert. For example, if you check a trip from ALB-NYP, you'll see a "Service alert" balloon , which shows an alert about revised schedules on the Empire service. They've done the same thing for the Zephyr when it's scheduled for a reroute. Amtrak does realize that the trip through the Rockies is one of the main reasons people take it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back