CZ Westbound stop in Denver

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

kt1i

Train Attendant
How lond is the CZ stop in denver going West? Years ago when I last rode it it seemed quite a while. Of course we could have arrived early if that's possible. I remember going out the front of the station, taking some pics then back at the t5rain talking with the SCA and some other people for a while before we reboarded. :)

How lond is the CZ stop in denver going West? Years ago when I last rode it it seemed quite a while. Of course we could have arrived early if that's possible. I remember going out the front of the station, taking some pics then back at the t5rain talking with the SCA and some other people for a while before we reboarded. :)

Present schedule is to arrive 7.15 am and leave at 8.05.

It can indeed arrive early but will not leave early.

I remember being on it eastbound not too many years ago and we arrived one hour early and had about an hour stop anyway. I took a nice stroll around downtown.

There are a few, very few special circumstance where a train can leave early but this is not one of them.

Do check with your car attendant, tell him/her if you plan to walk around and ask them when you should be back. Trains do not wait, so do not stray too far.

IMPORTANT; Be sure your watch is on the correct time zone,which would be mountain time, which you would have entered shortly before Denver.Sometimes you will hear an announcement about that, but not always.

ALSO important, if the train should arrive late, that does not guarantee that it will still stay in the station the 50 minutes. Late running trains try to make up time by staying less than the usual time at the stops.

IMPORTANT; Be sure your watch is on the correct time zone,which would be mountain time, which you would have entered shortly before Denver.Sometimes you will hear an announcement about that, but not always.

Speaking of the time zone change, when does the diner open for breakfast on the westbound CZ? If the time is 6:30 AM, is that 6:30 AM on CST, or is that 6:30 AM on MST (which would be an hour later)?

Speaking of the time zone change, when does the diner open for breakfast on the westbound CZ? If the time is 6:30 AM, is that 6:30 AM on CST, or is that 6:30 AM on MST (which would be an hour later)?
I had that question a few years ago, and was told that the train always ran on "local" time. :huh: With that as an answer, I gave up and threw away my wrist watch. Just ask your car attendant, and go with the flow. :D What with bloody mary's and screwdrivers for breakfast, and milk for a nightcap, nobody seems to care. :lol: It all happens when it happens. On the train, I no longer care. And this is being said by a guy that's OC about time. :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
If you decide to go walk around downtown Denver, make for sure you have your ticket stub with you. Once in DEN they had a major security check going and was glad I had my stub with me. I have never seen it since, but that day it looked somewhat like the airports.

If you decide to go walk around downtown Denver, make for sure you have your ticket stub with you. Once in DEN they had a major security check going and was glad I had my stub with me. I have never seen it since, but that day it looked somewhat like the airports.

For that matter, keep your stub with you at all times, even when on board the train but outside your room. Someone might not recognize you as a passenger.

Having your ticket stub is particularly important if you go into the station at Denver, because access to the platform is routinely blocked by a security guard. You might have a tough time getting back on board otherwise ... and at best, you'd probably have to wait to board with the Denver originating passengers.

Having your ticket stub is particularly important if you go into the station at Denver, because access to the platform is routinely blocked by a security guard. You might have a tough time getting back on board otherwise ... and at best, you'd probably have to wait to board with the Denver originating passengers.
good to know this, it has changed since my last trip two years ago.

I had that question a few years ago, and was told that the train always ran on "local" time. :huh: With that as an answer, I gave up and threw away my wrist watch. Just ask your car attendant, and go with the flow. :D What with bloody mary's and screwdrivers for breakfast, and milk for a nightcap, nobody seems to care. :lol: It all happens when it happens. On the train, I no longer care. And this is being said by a guy that's OC about time. :lol:

I couldn't have said it better!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back