Daily trains from Seattle to Vancouver could double

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

GoldenSpike

Lead Service Attendant
Good news for Amtrak!

The second train attracted a record of nearly 25,000 passengers in July, and the second-quarter total of 214,641 passengers was an increase of 12 per cent over the second quarter of 2009.
Total ridership on the service, which runs all the way to Portland, was 398,414 through to June 30 — a 17.3 per cent increase over 2009.
The Province

I hope it continues at least until next April, so I can take it!
laugh.gif

So that was 25,000 riders on that train PDX - VAC - PDX for the month and 12% increase over the quarter, which is all good.

What is not clear is what was the incremental ridership on the Bellingham - Vancouver segment. I doubt that the entire 12% increase in ridership in the quarter is accounted for by the additional ridership to Vancouver. Whether it continues to run to Vancouver will depend to some extent on what that incremental number is, which has not been mentioned by WasDOT. Naturally it will continue to run to Bellingham, and whatever increase in ridership is accounted for by the O/D pairs between Portland and Bellingham will still presumably continue to be there, even if it ceases to run to Vancouver.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back