Dallas Cowboys

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

GP35

Lead Service Attendant
takes Amtrak to the game against San Diego...

PACIFIC SURF LINE - As the Cowboys are nearing 50 years of existence, they've played all over the place, spanning the country and even going overseas, too.

But the phrase "all aboard" is a new one for the Cowboys, who had never traveled to a game on a train before.

That changed here Friday afternoon as the Cowboys jumped on board the Silver Lariat, a private Amtrak railcar that took us through a rather scenic route of southern California.

http://www.dallascowboys.com/news/news.cfm

... In fact, the train actually came to a standstill for nearly an hour in the middle of the trip because of a scheduled crew change. ...
... But I do wish we were going faster than 30 miles per hour. ...
Typical Amtrak. :rolleyes:

A lot of pro sports teams use Amtrak to get from game to game. Although it's the Cowboys. The PHILADELPHIA EAGLES travel to games in Washington, New York, Baltimore, & Foxboro on a chartered Acela set. Go EAGLES! E-A-G-L-E-S EAGLES!

A lot of pro sports teams use Amtrak to get from game to game. Although it's the Cowboys. The PHILADELPHIA EAGLES travel to games in Washington, New York, Baltimore, & Foxboro on a chartered Acela set. Go EAGLES! E-A-G-L-E-S EAGLES!
Same goes for the Baltimore Ravens when headed to Philly and NY. There's been talk of going to Boston that way as well.

Rafi

I saw a great segment on Hard Knocks training camp when the Ravens were on it a few years ago. They took the Acela to Philly. The veterans told a rookie to get food for the train trip, and the rookie got lost getting to the Amtrak station and missed the chartered Aceala train. So he had to catch the next train. Amtrak did a good job helping him, but he got cut later on. LOL

The Silver Laria is not a "private Amtrak railcar"! It's a private railcar that Amtrak hauls...

Already starting to plan out my trip to Washington to see the Huskers play the Huskies in Seattle in 2010. Will take the CZ-CS to SEA and then the EB-CZ on the way back! I can't wait and wonder if I will be the only Husker fan on the CZ.

Al

The Red Sox also have charter Acela runs from Boston to NYP for series's with the Yank's. And recently, the train broke down, and stupid Papolban vowed he would never ride the train again :rolleyes: <_< . Go Yanks!

cpamtfan-Peter

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back