Delay notification

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mackensen

Lead Service Attendant
I haven't seen this mentioned yet, but as I went to make a reservation today I had the option to get an email notification if my train was late, and I could choose how close to scheduled departure I wanted the notification. I could select between 30 minutes and 3 hours. Given that the method (email) was a drop-down I'm guessing they plan to roll out SMS at some point. Glad to see this feature. I hope it works properly and people take advantage of it.

With the number of people who get email on their smartphones, ...
And wanna be smartphones. :D .

I've yet to get a smartphone but have had the ability to get emails on my cellphones for a few years now.

With the number of people who get email on their smartphones, ...
And wanna be smartphones. :D .

I've yet to get a smartphone but have had the ability to get emails on my cellphones for a few years now.
I have a Smart Phone, it's the Owner who is Dumb when it comes to How To Use it! :giggle:

And the Notification Does Work! I set mine for 30 minutes on the last Double Point Run to Taylor (Where?? :rolleyes: ) and as the Eagle lost time Enroute from FTW I got Three Updates as it ended up being 1 and 1/2 Hours Down into Taylor!

Last edited by a moderator:
I haven't seen this mentioned yet, but as I went to make a reservation today I had the option to get an email notification if my train was late, and I could choose how close to scheduled departure I wanted the notification. I could select between 30 minutes and 3 hours. Given that the method (email) was a drop-down I'm guessing they plan to roll out SMS at some point. Glad to see this feature. I hope it works properly and people take advantage of it.
Congratulations to Amtrak on rolling that out. If you want even more control, for any train, email or SMS, you can use the ASM Alerts system.

Thanks,

John Bobinyec

Amtrak Status Maps ( statusmaps.net)

ASM Alerts (http://www.dixielandsoftware.com/Amtrak/alerts)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back