Denver Station

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Not close enough to walk.

However, you can walk from the Amtrak station (currently not Union Station due to construction), to the Denver Light Rail (about 4 blocks) and take that 2 stops to Mile High.

Once Union Station is once again used, Coors Field (the baseball stadium where the Rockies play) is right next door!
smile.gif

Not close enough to walk.

However, you can walk from the Amtrak station (currently not Union Station due to construction), to the Denver Light Rail (about 4 blocks) and take that 2 stops to Mile High.
I usually take a cab to the La Quinta on Park Place (I beieve) & pass by a stadium . Just noticed the Bucs are playing there in December! Just wondering if this was the place? Would be pretty convenient & a great reason for a train ride!!! :eek:

Last edited by a moderator:
Once Union Station is once again used, Coors Field (the baseball stadium where the Rockies play) is right next door!
smile.gif
I thought Coors Field was next to the temporary station. Sure looked like it was close by when we were there in November. Or maybe I just remember passing it, but not necessarily seeing it that close once we stopped at the station. Sooooo long ago for my old mind. :giggle:

smile.gif
I thought Coors Field was next to the temporary station. Sure looked like it was close by when we were there in November. Or maybe I just remember passing it, but not necessarily seeing it that close once we stopped at the station. Sooooo long ago for my old mind. :giggle:
Your memory is correct, the temporary station is just about across the way from Coors.

IINM, the Amtrak temporary station is across the tracks from Coors Field, a block or so north of the temporarily closed Union Station. Coors Field was built on the site of the old passenger coach yards of yesteryear.

smile.gif
Hmmm....

Same thing I saw in May.

Coors Field is directly across the street - Wewatta.

You have to walk around the block to get there due to the lack of pedestrian walks but it is directly across the street.

Google Maps offers routing for walking, driving and public transportation as well as street views.

Walking directions from Denver Amtrak to Coors Field

This is looking across the street from the temporary Denver Amtrak Station

The street in the foreground is Wewatta.

Street view from Google Maps:

coorsfield.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Just to clarify, the OP asked about Mile High Stadium, home of the NFL Denver Broncos. That stadium is about 2 miles from the Amtrak station. Coors Field, home of the MLB Colorado Rockies, is right across the street.

Just to clarify, the OP asked about Mile High Stadium, home of the NFL Denver Broncos. That stadium is about 2 miles from the Amtrak station. Coors Field, home of the MLB Colorado Rockies, is right across the street.
Oopsie....
blush.gif

It's obvious that I know nothing about sports.
mosking.gif

But, just in case anyone wants to go to the other stadium... it's across the street.

Oopsie....
blush.gif

mosking.gif

But, just in case anyone wants to go to the other stadium... it's across the street.
Joanie, it's not your fault. Someone else (I won't mention names but HE knows who he is :giggle: ) mentioned the baseball stadium which got us talking about how it's across the street from the station.

Oopsie....
blush.gif

mosking.gif

Joanie, it's not your fault. Someone else (I won't mention names but HE knows who he is :giggle: ) mentioned the baseball stadium which got us talking about how it's across the street from the station.
Yeah, it's all HIS fault!
tongue.gif

Not like I'm easily distracted or anything like that
rolleyes.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back