Departure time changed

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi Everyone
I’m new at this and just have a question…
I happened to check my reservation I have for April and the time changed from 3:38pm to 11:22 am to board the train… No email or anything.. why would they do this? Thankyou :)

Thankyou for the information. Do you know why Amtrack didn’t notify me of the change? I had booked that time because I have to work that day… I’m hoping I can change things around….
Also it says segment 1 is the silver meteor 91 then it says segment 2 is the silver meteor 92… does that mean we will have to change trains?

Last edited:
Thankyou for the information. Do you know why Amtrack didn’t notify me of the change? I had booked that time because I have to work that day… I’m hoping I can change things around….
Also it says segment 1 is the silver meteor 91 then it says segment 2 is the silver meteor 92… does that mean we will have to change trains?
Train 91 is the Silver Star southbound; Train 92 is the Silver Star northbound. There would be no reason to transfer from 91 to 92; you'd just be going back to where you just came from.

Did you book a round trip? Perhaps 92 is actually the return trip. Check the dates on the revised reservation.

Currently there are no other trains running between NY & FL. If you can't make things work within that schedule, you should be able to get a full refund.

As for why you didn't get notified, Amtrak was supposed to go back to the full schedule at the end of March, but they had to postpone it and stay with the reduced schedule on most routes. Apparently their computer system couldn't handle this and became overwhelmed.

Last edited:
Yes round trip. Now its showing 91 for going and 92 for coming back...
Do they still offer upgrades once you are on the train? I know they used to because I did it years ago...

No, if you want an onboard upgrade you need to call in, have the reservation center process the upgrade, and the conductor will get the change downloaded to his manifest on his device. It will be at current bucket.

It has been pretty much been that way since the introduction of nearly universal eticketing.

It will be at current bucket.
"Bucket" is the term we use for price level. There are generally 5 buckets, or price levels, for a particular sleeper fare. Amtrak assigns an available room to a bucket based on sales so far and anticipated future demand. Rooms will move between buckets (i.e., price will be adjusted up or down) as rooms are sold and departure date approaches. Of course, once you reserve and pay for a room, your fare is locked in.

No, if you want an onboard upgrade you need to call in, have the reservation center process the upgrade, and the conductor will get the change downloaded to his manifest on his device. It will be at current bucket.

It has been pretty much been that way since the introduction of nearly universal eticketing.

Ok. Thanks. I know for a fact my husband and I did it in 2006 when we rode the train.. we were asked if we wanted to update when we got on the train…I never did an e ticket…

"Bucket" is the term we use for price level. There are generally 5 buckets, or price levels, for a particular sleeper fare. Amtrak assigns an available room to a bucket based on sales so far and anticipated future demand. Rooms will move between buckets (i.e., price will be adjusted up or down) as rooms are sold and departure date approaches. Of course, once you reserve and pay for a room, your fare is locked in.
If you find a lower fare Amtrak will refund the difference. A few months ago just about every fare on the Eagle from Chicago to LA was $879.for a roomette.
Checking several days ago there were several at $623 for late summer fall travel.Only route that seems to be over $1000 consistently is the Empire Builder from Chi to Pdx/Sea and return
i used to use that as part of many circle trips. These days I take the train one way and fly the other.

Hi Everyone
I’m new at this and just have a question…
I happened to check my reservation I have for April and the time changed from 3:38pm to 11:22 am to board the train… No email or anything.. why would they do this? Thankyou :)

Also was wondering since they changed my train to 91 on the way down (to fla)how do I find out which roomette we are in?

What new ticket? Never received an email about the change…never received a new ticket.. I’ve checked checked everything.. emails spam junk.. nothing

If you still haven't received an email with an updated eticket, try calling Amtrak and requesting that one be sent. I think you can also view the eticket on the Android or Iphone app.

Amtrack doesn’t answer the phone and now that that changed my train and time on the return trip without any notification.. I check my account all the time.. there’s no new tickets

Amtrack doesn’t answer the phone and now that that changed my train and time on the return trip without any notification.. I check my account all the time.. there’s no new tickets
If you are an Amtrak Guest Rewards member, phone that number. If not, phone the main Amtrak number and be patient. Many members have been successul in getting call backs. If you are phoning AGR, try right at 8am.

You can also force Amtrak to send you a new ticket through amtrak.com. Go to "My Trips" after logging in and clicking on your name in the top bar. Find your trip and click on Details at the right. In the popup click on "View/Share Details". Click on "Share Trip Details". It will ask for upto three email addresses. Just type in whatever email address you wish to receive it and then click on Send. Your eTicket will appear in your email box soon thereafter, assuming the email system does not send it to the Spam folder of course.

Last edited:
You will likely receive a notification...sometime. An email regarding my cancelled Lake Shore Limited train arrived seven days after the cancellation. Seems the system has some bugs in it.

You can also force Amtrak to send you a new ticket through amtrak.com. Go to "My Trips" after logging in and clicking on your name in the top bar. Find your trip and click on Details at the right. In the popup click on "View/Share Details". Click on "Share Trip Details". It will ask for upto three email addresses. Just type in whatever email address you wish to receive it and then click on Send. Your eTicket will appear in your email box soon thereafter, assuming the email system does no9t send it to the Spam folder of course.
Thankyou.. I got a hold of someone today who sent me the barcode to print out the tickets on there kiosk when I get there…

We are on train 91 going down sleeper car number 3 or 4 I believe… are they the updated roomettes?
The sleepers on that train are numbered 9110 thru 9114. For the past few weeks, sleepers 10, 12, and 14 have been the new cars, VL II's. Sleepers 11 & 13 have been the older VL I's.

On yesterday's train, car 9111 was a VL II, but that may have been a one-time thing due to a VL I being out of service.

ETA: If you're in 11 or 13 and want to increase your chances of a new roomette, you can call Amtrak and ask if there are roomettes available in 10, 12, or 14. Make sure they will not increase the fare for the change.

Last edited:
Back