Diner Seating

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll see your Carhartt hat and raise you two Stormy Kromers.

Last edited by a moderator:
In regards to crew monopolizing revenue space, do coach attendants really need 4 seats blocked for themselves in each car? Really?? Not sure if this is policy or what but the last 2 LD trips, I saw 4 seats per coach blocked off with the "Crew Area" Amtrak signage. Two I understand, but 4 is overkill. So on a train with 4 superliner coach, that is 8 potential revenue seats blocked off for crew.
They should only be doing this when the space isn't needed to accommodate every passenger. In general it's so that if/when, say an unaccompanied minor boards, then that is where they will be seated. Right next to the coach attendant's seat.

Those four seats are in inventory so they are sold. On full trains those seats are given to passengers and the coach attendant won't have a seat.

If the train is not sold out then there is no reason why those four seats can't be utilized last. As long as every passenger has a seat.

Eric308, you win, I surrender. If folks come into the diner wearing Sea Otter/Alaskan State Trooper hats, I will buy the wine. That hat ought to be good for conversation for an entire meal.

Last edited by a moderator:
Eric308, you win, I surrender. If folks come into the diner wearing Sea Otter/Alaskan State Trooper hats, I will buy the wine. That hat ought to be good for conversation for an entire meal.
Yes, HenryK....just as long there isn't a PETA convention in the diner. Actually, it was legally harvested and made by a Native.

Carhartt? Stetson? Kromer? When you guys start talking real hats, Filson, let me know.

60016-main-242_12.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back