Dining and cafe service experience abroad

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TEREB

Service Attendant
I know we’re talking about domestic transportation, but I want to add my experience on a bullet train going from Paris to Barcelona. We were a family of 4 and was able to sit together with a table between us.
I never searched for a dining car, but I did purchase from the cafe car.
I was surprisingly impressed with our meals. The gnocchetti was heated the correct way rather than over cooked, burnt flex meals. Notice the wooden spork.
I also wish Amtrak would offer a sandwich with their flex meals.
I took Amtrak Meteor in a roomette home from Newark after our return wishing for that ham sandwich.
As a side note, I travel Amtrak Silvers in a roomette or bedroom at least twice a year for well over 20 years. I remember and miss when I truly enjoyed Amtrak dining.
IMG_3357.pngIMG_3135.jpegIMG_2944.jpegIMG_2941.jpegIMG_2939.jpeg

I know we’re talking about domestic transportation, but I want to add my experience on a bullet train going from Paris to Barcelona. We were a family of 4 and was able to sit together with a table between us.
I never searched for a dining car, but I did purchase from the cafe car.
I was surprisingly impressed with our meals. The gnocchetti was heated the correct way rather than over cooked, burnt flex meals. Notice the wooden spork.
I also wish Amtrak would offer a sandwich with their flex meals.
I took Amtrak Meteor in a roomette home from Newark after our return wishing for that ham sandwich.
As a side note, I travel Amtrak Silvers in a roomette or bedroom at least twice a year for well over 20 years. I remember and miss when I truly enjoyed Amtrak dining.
View attachment 32500View attachment 32496View attachment 32497View attachment 32498View attachment 32499
Thanks for including an image of the menu! Looks like it was probably bilingual (French/Spanish), and I had no problems reading the Spanish side of the menu. (A couple of college degrees in Spanish were good for something after all! ;) )

Thanks for including an image of the menu! Looks like it was probably bilingual (French/Spanish), and I had no problems reading the Spanish side of the menu. (A couple of college degrees in Spanish were good for something after all! ;) )
Glad to be of help.

Back