dining car question

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

lmctrouble

Train Attendant
My son and I are leaving next week for Disney (tol-was-kis and kis-nyp-tol) and I have some questions about the dining car.

1. I'm diabetic, controlled with mainly diet and exercise. Will the I be able to order my meals sans carbs or at least be able to give them to my son?

2. My son is 15 and, looking at the menus, he might not like the selections on the adult menu. How much of a problem would it be if he ordered from the children's menu if he wanted to?

Aloha

There normally not be any issue with sharing. On one occasion I ordered off the children's menu and I am entitled to the senior discount.

I shared a meal with my 18 yr old daughter our last dinner on the train because neither of us were hungry enough for a full meal. We were in a sleeper so we'd paid for the meals with our roomette regardless if we ate them.

They do offer special meals, although I'm not certain if that's one of them. They also have to be requested in advance. (1-3 days I believe - see the Amtrak website for details.) and there is no problem sharing with your son.

Depending on the server, they may or may not let you order off the children's menu. I have sometimes seen adults order off the children's menu too.

I am diabetic as well. Like you I am well controlled by diet and exercise. I

find it easy to eat low carb in the dining car

Thanks guys!! I just wanted to make sure I wasn't committing a faux pas when I passed half of my meal to the ever starving teenager. ;0)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back