Dining Car Utensils

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

denmarks

Train Travel Enthusiast
When I last rode a train about 10 years ago they were using plastic utensils in the dining car. Are they back to metal or is it turning into airplane table settings?

228 days left until my trip from Sacramento to New Orleans. :(

Well they do use metal, unless the dishwasher is broken. If the dishwasher is broken (or you are on the crew) you will use plastic. But other than that it's metal. Regardless of whether the diswasher's working or not you will always have a real steak knife for the steak.

Denmarks,all is well...never fear.....Amtrak dining did not turn permanently into airline "dining". You just happened to ride Amtrak during a particularly difficult period of strgent budget cutting, which very much included food service, the size and qualy of meals and the utensils. It is much better now.

At least you can get a knife on a train, ask for one on a plane to cut something and they look at you like you're a terrorist.

IMHO Amtrak Dining Car food and service is at its best since I started riding 8 years ago. Even though the variety and regional specialties are gone, the quality is much more consistant. So I'm happy to report no airline style dining here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back