Dining on Amtrak

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I was on the Cardinal about two weeks ago and when I went to the diner for breakfast the dining car attendant loudly shouted an announcement that they were only serving french toast (with blintz) that morning. There was a problem with the food at lunch as well because the cheeseburger bun was cold like it was partially frozen. I don't ride Amtrak for the food but I must say I was underwhelmed with the dining situation on that train. At breakfast there was a five or six year old child across the table from me and the attendant did bring him a huge bowl of strawberries and the kid was pleased with that. It felt like there was a personnel problem happening more than a lack of food but you never know.
I've been on before when they've been short on food. The server has told me that they left Chicago or New York without being fully or properly stocked. I've been hoping that when the new viewliners come out the Cardinal might get a real kitchen. I always try to get to the first serving now to make sure I have the best chance of getting what I want.

Are deserts included with sleeper car provided passenger meals? Or are they at anextra cost?
Also, just an FYI, soda's are included with the meal for sleeping car passengers. There is nothing on the menu that mentions that but I found out in January when I tried to pay for the soda and was told it was included.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back