Dinner on southbound Coast Starlight before LAX.

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
We had a related discussion on dining hours recently. Your best bet is to get on www.amtrak.com

It's loaded with practical info there, including serving hours for the various meals.

It is a full menu and you have plenty of time. I usually eat mid-sitting.

Once, while having dinner we stopped on a siding waiting for a freight. This was right next to a bay, and just as the sun dropped below the horizon over the Pacific. I've never been more glad to wait on a freight! :)

I've been on that train several times, and I've never experienced anything other than a full meal service. They're occasionally out of some items depending on how full the train is, but that's typical for any meal.

Thanks for the replies! I'm hoping to have a nice sunset view over the water.
Try and be on the right side of the train...next to the coast. On our trip last July, we were in the diner for dinner as we came around Pt Conception and into Santa Barbara. We were seated with a lady and her 90 year old father who were on one of their annual trips together. My wife and I were returning from Seattle from a cruise to Alaska. Great conversation!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back