discounted tickets

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I mostly booked online where they always ask you for your AAA number.

As far as signing they always make you sign your ticket. I have been made to sign a ticket when I paid with cash and my wife needed to sign her ticket when I am the one that pays. I have also seen conductors announce that all tickets must be signed and as they move through collecting tickets they made people sign.

I was asked for ID once on board.
I paid by card, so then I guess the question becomes do I sign my daughter's ticket (since I paid by card) or does she sign (since it's her ticket)?
I signed both my daughter's and my ticket since I had paid for both. I did confirm with the conductor before signing.

Don't sign until you're on the train.

I always sign before getting on the train because some conductors get mad at you if you didn't sign your ticket.

I have a bi-polar autistic kid with PMS and two ex-husbands, if I couldn't handle people being mad at me by now I'd have no sanity left.

I mostly booked online where they always ask you for your AAA number.

As far as signing they always make you sign your ticket. I have been made to sign a ticket when I paid with cash and my wife needed to sign her ticket when I am the one that pays. I have also seen conductors announce that all tickets must be signed and as they move through collecting tickets they made people sign.

I was asked for ID once on board.
I paid by card, so then I guess the question becomes do I sign my daughter's ticket (since I paid by card) or does she sign (since it's her ticket)?
I signed both my daughter's and my ticket since I had paid for both. I did confirm with the conductor before signing.

Don't sign until you're on the train.

I always sign before getting on the train because some conductors get mad at you if you didn't sign your ticket.
The few times I've ridden Amtrak, I was at my seat before the conductor came collecting, so I had time to sign it after I got on the train. And I believe it was here on AU that I "learned" you shouldn't sign it before the trip (in case you lose the ticket).

I use my NARP discount all the time, and have personally never been asked for the NARP card. However, the one time I got busted was when I used my NARP discount to get a ticket for my brother. When he tried picking up his ticket at the Boston ClubAcela he was asked for a NARP card, and when he couldn't produce one, was asked to pay the fare difference. He obliged, although I guess he could've just gone outside and picked up his ticket from QuikTrak.

When picking up tickets from an agent, you are required to show ID and proof of the discount (like a AAA card). However, I have not yet been asked by a QT for ID!
laugh.gif

Hi Nom,

I always book online and then pick up the tickets from our staffed station. The online booking tool requires me to input my AAA number before it will give the discount.. but my kids get the same discount under my same AAA membership. As far as signing the tickets, when we pick them up the station agents always ask me to sign them, so I go ahead and sign for everyone. It does save me from fumbling around for a pen when the conductor approaches, plus some Conductors get a little antsy if the ticket isn't already signed.

My daughter didn't need her own AAA membership? Why does it ask for her AAA number instead of putting hers on my discount?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back