Do double days and Mastercard points stack?

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Orie

Service Attendant
I just got points posted from a trip I took during the week. I received 2x points for double days but nothing for using my Amtrak mastercard to pay for the reservation? Do the two promos stack?

The 2 are totally separate.

The points you receive for the purchase of the trip post on the statement (and thus on your AGR account) when that month's (when the purchase was made) closed/closes. If you made the purchase of an October 2014 trip in March 2014, the 2X posted for the purchase when your March 2014 closed, and the points 2X for the trip on October 1 will post after the trip is taken.

If you purchase a ticket on October 1 for a trip on October 1, the 2X for the trip will post after the trip occurs on October 1. The 2X for the purchase will post after the October statement closes - say on October 26!

The Chase AGR credit card is "business as usual" (2 points per dollar) regardless of Amtrak promotion. The credit card points will post on (or maybe next day) the card's billing date.

Back