Does riding train through state equal having been to state?

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The way I see it, if you would be affected by any natural disaster that might occur (earthquake, landslide, fire, flood, etc.) then I would most certainly count it as being in the state, on a train or not!
Me being on Skates again would certainly be a disaster, whether it's natural or unnatural is another question :lol: :huh: :lol:

Aloha
WOW! I had similar thoughts about myself while I was in LA! :D

I think passing through North Dakota both ways on the Empire Builder entitles one to claim South Dakota also.
Passing through West Virginia on the Capital Limited entitles one to claim Virginia since it was originally part of that state.

Reading an article about Alaska, while on any train entitles....oh never mind....

I object. :eek:

I was born in ND, lived there for six years, then lived in SD for fourteen years, and I have to say, while it may not seem like it, there are differences between the two. And we do not offer the Dakotas as a two-for-one deal ;)

And while Amtrak may not go to SD, stopping in Fargo leaves you only about three hours from the border, so if you REALLY wanted to, you could vacay to the south independent of Amtrak. Although, I recommend visiting the south west corner of the state, and not the north east. The Black Hills and Badlands offer up a more entertaining time than the plains.

Just my two cents ;)

The Black Hills and Badlands offer up a more entertaining time than the plains.
Can't say as I recall much about the plains, but the Black Hills and the Badlands I do remember from my visit as a kid. In fact, my father tried to burn the Badlands down with a Coleman stove that he didn't know how to properly operate. Needless to say that with no open fires allowed, and after almost burning off his eyelashes when the stove flared up big time, we went out to eat for dinner rather than trying to cook something at our campsite. :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back