Double/Triple Points

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rtabern

Conductor
Just wanted to see if anyone knew what the restrictions are, if any, on the double and triple point promotions. In similar past promotions, they only allowed 1 round-trip or 2 single legs of a trip count toward the double and triple points. Is that the case this time around... or are there no restrictions in place?

Just curious because I'm doing a couple of point runs tomorrow and Friday.

For example, I'm going: GLN-CHI, CHI-GBB, GBB-CHI

Will just 2 of those count for double points, or will all 3 legs?

Thanks in advance... Robert

Yes, the normal limits on base points apply. The four segments on different trains rule is to prevent you from booking a bunch of one-stop tickets on a single train to run up the points.

There's no limit on points from tickets that would be more than 100 points anyway.

Earlier in the month I did the below and got double points on all the segments. I did book each leg under a seperate reservation number in case I had to change my plans though.

MKA-MKE

MKE-CHI

CHI-MKE

MKE-MKA

Living south of Milwaukee, I do the MKA-MKE/MKE-MKA runs a lot for points.

A round-trip ticket from Milwaukee Airport to downtown Milwaukee runs you about $14.00 -- and when its double points and my Select+ status... I get 500 points for that when its double and 700 points when its triple.

I am looking forward to getting a lot of points in May... as I just spent 50,000 points for the former #3/#14/#28 loophole. (Still worth it for 5 nights in a Bedroom and 6 days on the train!!)

I dont go into work until mid-afternoon so I'll take the 11:34AM train out of MKA -- take it downtown to get some lunch -- and the catch the 1:00PM back to the airport.

Back