Eagle Eye movie

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Squeakz2001

Service Attendant
Has anyone seen the movie called Eagle Eye? Hubby and I saw it today and are now debating whether the first train that the little boy got on in the beginning is a superliner or viewline. It was in Chicago, but heading for DC, so I say viewliner. It didnt appear to be double-stacked. But the doors looked funny, and he says superliner.

Can anyone help us out to settle the argument?

Has anyone else seen the movie and have comments about all the trains?

Has anyone seen the movie called Eagle Eye? Hubby and I saw it today and are now debating whether the first train that the little boy got on in the beginning is a superliner or viewline. It was in Chicago, but heading for DC, so I say viewliner. It didnt appear to be double-stacked. But the doors looked funny, and he says superliner.Can anyone help us out to settle the argument?

Has anyone else seen the movie and have comments about all the trains?
Haven't seen the movie but the main train to DC from Chicago is the Capitol Limited and it does use superliner equipment.

the 3 times a week long way round train from Chicago to DC the Cardinal uses a Viewliner.

but of course it was a movie and could have used anything.

but easy way to tell, the Superliner doors are in the middle of the car and are just one step up into the car from the platform.

the Viewliner has doors at the end of the car and it is several steps up into the car.

Bob

Knowing Hollywood, the train "from CHI to WAS" could be a Metrolink or a Eurostar! :lol:
yes Hollywood soometimes has no clue, my favorite was in the movie about Thurgood Marshall he was in New York and suddenly had to get back to DC. he was being shown dropped off at NYC Penn station and hurrying past a GG1 then they panned to a racing train headed for DC. the Racing train was the diesel power AT&SF Super Chief looked like over Raton or somewhere similar.

then him hurrying thru Union Station DC.

heck of a detour

Bob

Probably Superliner in Los Angeles Union Station. Cheaper by the Dozen does this exact thing except, the big external shot shows a METRA! Red and white stripes, bright blue locomotive running cab-bar-first and everything! They board a superliner, and to their credit, if Midland was on SWC, or CZ route instead of illinois service trains, then superline would be believeable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back