Earth Day at Grand Central

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WhoozOn1st

Engineer
Honored Member
"Earth Week at Grand Central will be comprised of several special events, the Giant Earth Images in Grand Central and EarthFair. In addition to the approximately 700,000 people that pass through Grand Central on an average day, we hope to draw thousands more from NYC and its surrounding communities through a multi-tiered advertising and marketing campaign.

Grand Central Terminal is an extraordinary Beaux Arts landmark in the heart of New York City. Grand Central Station is served by Metro-North commuter trains, 31 commuter and 15 city bus routes, 7 subway lines, buses to and from the area’s three airports and two million taxis a year. Vanderbilt Avenue is located on the west side of the main concourse."

Earth Day New York Events

A little bump/reminder that Earth Day 2009 is Wednesday, April 22.

To honor and observe this occasion I've rented a chainsaw, which I'll use to cut down every damn tree that obstructs onboard photography on the inside of sharp curves between here and San Diego. Certain eucalyptus trees at a certain curve on Miramar Grade will find themselves in my fireplace come next winter, and a number of scrub oaks in and around the Santa Susanna Pass might be well advised to to pull up roots and move if they want to avoid becoming firewood.

EDIT: Also on the list for the chainsaw massacree is a particular telephone pole that has the infuriating habit of jumping into the frame every time I try to get a shot of the turntable outside the abandoned UP shops at L.A.

Last edited by a moderator:
EDIT: Also on the list for the chainsaw massacree is a particular telephone pole that has the infuriating habit of jumping into the frame every time I try to get a shot of the turntable outside the abandoned UP shops at L.A.
Aloha

That Pole will be hard to catch It's jumped into my frame all over the country. :unsure: :lol:

Aloha

That Pole will be hard to catch It's jumped into my frame all over the country. :unsure: :lol:
Sounds like a frame up to me, trying to blame that pole.

Back