Eating

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
How do you go about eatting on the train please? Must you reserve a time or table ?

On long distance dining cars reservations are normally taken for dinner and sometimes for lunch. The person in charge of the diner goes through the train speaking to the passengers, sleepers first, then coach, and gives a choice of times. Breakfast is usually first come first served.

There is also a cafe car/lounge car on trains for those who wish to purchase snacks or microwaved meals. This car is usually located next to the dining car and is staffed by a separate attendant. There are a few tables in that car where you can sit and eat that meal or food selection.

Just a random question (I'm 17 so I can't drink) but is BYOB valid in sleepers? I've seen a few people take some of their own beer in their roomette before.

Just a random question (I'm 17 so I can't drink) but is BYOB valid in sleepers? I've seen a few people take some of their own beer in their roomette before.
Yes. You can bring on your own adult beverages and enjoy them in your room.
I've heard unofficially that some conductors/attendants don't really care as long as the passenger isn't unruly. I have brought six packs on board, but only to take home.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back