Electronic smokes on board?

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
For all of you Complaining, E-Cigs are oderless or smell very good (mint etc). You wouldn't have to deal with the smokey person sitting next to you, you would just have to get the "bad omen" you have about someone smoking near you and realize its not hurting me at all.. I will not get cancer from the vapor... its not blowing in my face it just dissappears...

Until then, your just gonna have to deal with that gross smelling person next to you because you can't get over someone having the right to do something harmless to you in a traincar.
There is still nicotine in the exhaled gases.and nearby people can inhale it.

I smoked for about 20 years, my 7 year quit anniversary is coming up ...i just realized this...the same day i leave for California! Now more than ever this trip is a true 'present' I'm fortunate enough to give to myself. So, I understand the nature of addiction, and the pervasive hold it can have on a person. Having endured some agonizing times during my first few weeks of quitting, I'm fairly militant about protecting what is left of my lungs. I don't personally believe there's enough science yet on the E-cigarettes to register an intelligent opinion ... but I'm glad that Amtrak bans them while they figure it out. It's not worth the risk, in my own case. Society has made huge strides in non-smoker's rights in public places in last few years. Still....when I have to go in to the local Walmart, for about 30 seconds I have to honestly hold my breath unless I want to inhale the equivalent of a few cigarettes from employees just outside the door. In August of 2013 EB made the announcement inclusive of Ecigs not being allowed. I remember thinking, that guy made that announcement dripping with so much disdain for the habit, you could cut it with a knife. Especially the part about, "..You. WILL. Be Put Off The Train..." Tumbleweed - I am so sorry for your loss , hope you're doing ok.

One correction to an earlier post: The Auto Train is now smoke free while on board. This change occured a few months ago. I believe the smoke break, if you can call it that, coincides with the crew change stop, the only planned stop on the route in either direction.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back