Empire Builder 1C

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

WhoozOn1st

Engineer
Honored Member
The bus transfer between Klamath Falls and Pasco turned out not to be anywhere near the nightmare I had anticipated. It was almost fun.

I was concerned about the connection to Pasco. A short talk with the bus driver assured me that there was nothing to worry about. Amtrak gives a 12-hour window for the connection, and the ride is about 7 hours. So even though the Coast Starlight was about 1.5 hours late into Klamath we had time to kill.

My last long-distance bus trip was on a Greyhound in Texas., early 80s. Spent most of the time trying to prevent an overly medicated mental patient from swallowing all his pills. Big fun, and you can understand why I was apprehensive.

But this was entirely different. The driver was a jovial and knowledgeable guy, and there were about 20 people, all making the Pasco connection to the Builder. As opposed to a Greyhound driver, this guy was more of a tourguide. To kill time he made some interesting rest stops:

Klamath To Pasco

Take heart: This is the last non-Builder part of the travelogue.

Patrick

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back