Empire Builder Service Disruptions

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Even though we are having mild winter weather , the EB is still having cancellations . Anyone know what is going on ? What is the cause for this ?

A mudslide blocked the tracks north of Seattle. The line was cleared fairly quickly, but it stayed closed to passenger traffic until yesterday morning.

Last edited by a moderator:
A mudslide blocked the tracks north of Seattle. The line was cleared fairly quickly, but it stayed closed to passenger traffic until yesterday morning.
I guess I planned my trip right then. We had a six hour delay on Eb due to a freight train breaking down on tuesday. I almost left on wed or thurs. LOL, guess I made the right choice. Poor Eb though, it's having a tough time lately it seems.

"Mild Winter"??? By whose standards? This has been a horrible winter so far for snowfall amounts, wind, blizzards, etc. Must be that "global warming" we've been hearing about.

"Mild Winter"??? By whose standards? This has been a horrible winter so far for snowfall amounts, wind, blizzards, etc. Must be that "global warming" we've been hearing about.

By Pacific Northwest standards. Where I live we had in the neighborhood of 60-70 inches of snow last winter. This year, maybe five at the most. So it depends on where you live and the perspective you're looking at it from.

The past week WAS mild winter weather and that is what I was referring to in my post . Temps were 25-35 degrees most days in most of the area the EB goes through . So it puzzled why there were more cancellations

Yes , we have had some severe weather earlier .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back