Empire Builder - wine tasting?

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

rms492

Service Attendant
Hello, is there wine tasting offered on the Empire Builder?

What day(s) and which car do they use.

Thanks

(hic) YESSH! (hic)

It is only for sleeping car passengers, is held on the second day between lunch and dinner (during the boring parts of MT - my apologies to anyone from MT) and is held in the Dining Car.

Great, thanks (I will be in sleeper). Just curious, how come this isn't advertised? i.e., web sites, the timetable, the Amtrak America brochure, etc.

(Like the Coast Starlight, wine tasting seems to be heavily advertised on that train).

It is only for sleeping car passengers, is held on the second day between lunch and dinner (during the boring parts of MT - my apologies to anyone from MT) and is held in the Dining Car.
Aw, come on! Eastern Montana isn’t bor………….well, ok, yeah………..it kind of is………nevermind.

Great, thanks (I will be in sleeper). Just curious, how come this isn't advertised? i.e., web sites, the timetable, the Amtrak America brochure, etc.

(Like the Coast Starlight, wine tasting seems to be heavily advertised on that train).
And there will be a trivia contest and a chance to win a bottle of wine. Oh, and cheese and crackers. It's a fun way to meet some new people!

Last edited by a moderator:
I think the rolling prairies of MT are beautiful.

The wine and cheese tasting is fun. They will post a signup or let you know about it on the second morning.

I had a blast at the wine tasting this past May. I got lucky and happened to sit at a table with some truly fun folks. I won one of the bottles of wine so the four of us continued the tasting in the lounge car :blink: :) :eek: We all stumbled back to our rooms having made new friends. The cheeses were good too, but with all that wine, I wish there had been more. The salmon for dinner seemed paricularly satisfying.

Hmm - after reading trip reports, it seems that there are quite a few people here who win bottles of wine (myself included).

This was fun and my wife and I met a nice couple from Chicago. The wines are the same east- and west-bound but the cheeses change. Fortunately, I won a bottle of wine we liked.

Have fun.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back