Empire Builders are several hours late over the last few days

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The #8 that left Spokane this is running only about 45 minutes behind now. That service disruption it was flagged for must have been for it's start in Spokane. It is not appearing on the Transitdocs map but is being updated on this page

http://dixielandsoftware.net/cgi-bin/gettrain.pl?seltrain=8&selyear=2016&selmonth=10&selday=17
Yes, and despite all the doom-and-gloom on this thread, it should be noted that all 4 Builders (5, if you count 27) en route right now are less than 90 minutes late.

Lol, thanks for brightening our day... For my personal interest as a railfan, I wouldn't mind the EB running about 2 hours late in Minnesota. I am looking forward to seeing the BNSF Northtown Yard and other Twin Cities' rail infrastructure in daylight versus arriving at St Paul Union at the same time as sunrise, if on time. Oh well, if it doesn't happen, then that makes a good excuse to ride it again...

Last edited by a moderator:
Tom,

I notice you live on the Brainerd Sub. Wouldn't it shorten your trip to get off at Staples at that ungodly time of morning?? :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back