Excellent EB Story on Huffington Post with pics

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Fantastic story. I enjoyed it very much...

I have to wonder if the author read AU before making his trip. He even went to Giridano's!

I have to wonder if the author read AU before making his trip. He even went to Giridano's!
Yeah, that was my thought as well. A 6 hour layover in Chicago, and he spent the time by going to Giordano's? Definitely an AU member!
I dunno, on my last layover in Chicago on December 30, I went to Al's Italian Beef a block west of CUS at Adams & Jefferson. Am I still a member? ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice. As mentioned, very accurate and positive, yet not overy gushy. The guy's actually a decent writer but does not sound like a rail booster nor a harsh critic.

I hope it gets a lot of readers. It has some credibility and that can go a long way toward the future of our passenger rail system. I intend to pass it along to some friends.

Thanks for the post.

Thanks for the link.

What a difference from the usual abuse and fear mongering courtesy of "Fair and Balanced" outlets such as the News Corp's Wall Street Journal.

I liked this report as well. The writer made certain to mention that a considerable amount of traffic was between the various stops on the route, and not the end-points! As someone who has lived almost all his life at one of the stops-in-the-middle, this was important to mention, as most non-railfans seem to have a hard time grasping that the majority of any trains' passenger traffic is between the various stops along the line, and not the ends of the route!

Very well written and accurate article. It is refreshing to read someone who promotes

the nice elements of train travel rather than focusing on the bad experiences.

Yeah, that was my thought as well. A 6 hour layover in Chicago, and he spent the time by going to Giordano's? Definitely an AU member!
I dunno, on my last layover in Chicago on December 30, I went to Al's Italian Beef a block west of CUS at Adams & Jefferson. Am I still a member? ;)
I know that a Couple of Joes and I also agree with you, Al's puts out First Rate Chow! Gordanos is OK but there is Better Pizza in CHI!! ;)

Hey all--

It's Ethan Klapper, the author of this piece. The answer is yes, I have read AU! I'm a longtime lurker on this board and I figured I should take this opportunity to finally join so I could thank you all for the very kind words.

Let me know if you have any questions this piece, would be happy to answer!

Ethan

Hey all--

It's Ethan Klapper, the author of this piece. The answer is yes, I have read AU! I'm a longtime lurker on this board and I figured I should take this opportunity to finally join so I could thank you all for the very kind words.

Ethan
Thanks for stopping in and saying "Hello! Again, thanks for the great write up! I had Rolando as our attendent last week as we went to CHI and I forgot to tell him about this write up!!

Hey all--

Ethan
Welcome Ethan!

So nice to hear from you and I'm glad you joined us.

I LOVED reading your piece, it was wonderful.

Hey all--

Ethan
Great piece. Nice overview.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back