Exchange tickets?

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have two tickets for a round trip ride from RNO (reno,nv) to LOD (Lodi,ca) on Monday April 11th 2011 and I decided I might want to go in the next few days. Can I exchange them or will have have to pay more since its not in advance?

You'll have to pay current price for that ticket (pay the difference). Like the airlines (which also charge a ridiculous exchange fee), you also have to pay the difference between what your original ticket cost and the current price. Could be the same. Could be more. If less, they will refund the difference.

You'll have to pay current price for that ticket (pay the difference). Like the airlines (which also charge a ridiculous exchange fee), you also have to pay the difference between what your original ticket cost and the current price. Could be the same. Could be more. If less, they will refund the difference.

oh i see. yeah I looked it up online and i think there is a $20 difference because we want to go within the next few days and I know amtrak tix always get more expensive the closer to the travel date. thanks for your help I appreciate it.

The difference between airlines and Amtrak is that there is NO CHANGE FEE! 100% of the value of the ticket can be applied to the new ticket! And depending on the train's passenger load on the new day, it might even be LOWER than what you have now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back