Excited for my Trip from WI to Cali

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

JayMadison

Service Attendant
Really excited to be going back to California on the train basically a repeat of my december in reverse (out on the SC, north on the CS and back to WI on the CZ). There's the detour of course via WY, but since I have about 500 pictures of the rockies form last time I wasn't super bummed. Really exicted to begin :)

SC to CS connection is bit tight (2 hoursish) but if I don't make it cali is pretty easy to get up the coast on the SJ & CC.

If you have any tips i'm all ears :) It was epic last time so I hope it will be a blast.

Also I'm in a roomette #19, I assume it's an all roomette super liner, which I haven't seen before.

You're roomette is in the Transdorm, the Crew Sleeper on the front of the train.( you bdidnt say which train?)

Don't worry about the connection in LAX, it's guaranteed and usually the connection is made! If not, they'll either bus you to catch the CS or send you on the San Joaquin as you said!

As for the Wyoming detour, it's new mileage ( the UP Transcon) and since you've been through the Rockies, you'll enjoy it!

Last edited by a moderator:
It's on the Southwest Chief, which has the honor of being the train with the best service I've received on amtrak, my sca was really amazing. The CS is pretty much everyone's favorite train, having a beer in those fabulous lounge chairs is always fun.

Kinda excited about being able to ride in a 'new to me' type of sleeper. Tho technically I got lost on the CS once and wound up in the trasndorm and met quite an amusing chef.

I've been in a transform before, on the EB. It's just like a normal sleeper except you have some more crew traffic rather than PAX traffic. It's kind of nice since you're almost guaranteed to be near other PAX (if you enjoy talking, it's good). I didn't really get coffee or anything from my car, (I just sat in the observatory car most of the time) so I can not tell you if any of that is different. I also believe the car I was on was a transition sleeper too...

Sounds like it will be fun, I'm sure the train will be pretty packed given the time of year. looking forward to a great train ride :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back