Extra Cars on #6

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

rtabern

Conductor
I was on #6 (CZ) this Saturday 5/19 going between Galesburg, IL and Chicago, IL.

The consist had some extra single-level coach cars like they use on the Lake Shore Limited.

It was:

Engine 192

Engine 9

Coach 82570

Coach 82620

Coach 82500

Baggage 1206

(then the rest of the normal consist)

The conductor said the cars were being taken from the west coast to repair facilities in Beech Grove.

I thought it was odd because where would cars like those be used out west -- any thoughts?

I was on #6 (CZ) this Saturday 5/19 going between Galesburg, IL and Chicago, IL.
The consist had some extra single-level coach cars like they use on the Lake Shore Limited.

It was:

Engine 192

Engine 9

Coach 82570

Coach 82620

Coach 82500

Baggage 1206

(then the rest of the normal consist)

The conductor said the cars were being taken from the west coast to repair facilities in Beech Grove.

I thought it was odd because where would cars like those be used out west -- any thoughts?
The only places they could've been used on the west coast, AFAIK, would be either on the Leavenworth Snow train, maybe the Reno Fun Train, or on the one Pacific Surfliner trainset that uses Horizon and maybe Amfleet I cars. I doubt that the Reno fun train uses any Amtrak cars, but I may be wrong. I seem to remember that the one Surfliner trainset uses only Horizons, so that is unlikely. What AmtrakFan said is probably correct.

The only places they could've been used on the west coast, AFAIK, would be either on the Leavenworth Snow train, maybe the Reno Fun Train, or on the one Pacific Surfliner trainset that uses Horizon and maybe Amfleet I cars. I doubt that the Reno fun train uses any Amtrak cars, but I may be wrong. I seem to remember that the one Surfliner trainset uses only Horizons, so that is unlikely. What AmtrakFan said is probably correct.
AmtrakCrescent20,

The Reno Fun Train and the Leavenworth Snow Train do use the West Coast Charter Fleet. Also 798/799 use the Horizon Set.

Actually, this year the Reno Fun train and the Levenworth Snow trains DID indeed use Amfleet I cars. I believe these care may be due inspection then be redeployed elsewhere on the system.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back