Extreme Trains

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Did anyone notice o last night's show on the UP overland route, there was NO "let's go to Steamtown" segment. (It was very noticeable by it's omission!) But they did go to the CSRM instead. And they did show Bailey Yard!

Did anyone notice o last night's show on the UP overland route, there was NO "let's go to Steamtown" segment. (It was very noticeable by it's omission!) But they did go to the CSRM instead. And they did show Bailey Yard!
I was only sorta half-watching, but you're right. And I enjoyed the previous week's episode about the circus train. About a decade ago I was entertaining a visitor from France. Walking back from the beach at Ventura, at an ungated grade crossing the bells and lights started going. It was the circus train! Could hardly believe my eyes, and the girl was thrilled to pieces. She was convinced I'd planned the whole thing. "No no, I don't have that kind of power." "But you knew it was coming." "No! Total surprise to me." She would not be swayed. Then again this was a girl who, courtesy of me, is going through life thinking the plural of moose is "meese," and the plural of caboose is "cabeese." HAHA!!

I think the aerial shots of the circus train gave a pretty good idea: it's LONG.

BTW, when me and the French girl were together back east we'd pack a picnic meal on warm summer evenings, hike down to the Metro-North platform at Bronxville, NY, and eat sitting on the platform (full picnic regalia, including tablecloth as ground cover) while watching the rush hour trains. Our favorites were the expresses that jammed by at speed.

Last time I rode the EB and we pulled into Everett here is what was next to us.

Circus.jpg

They had unloaded and the train was waiting for the circus to be over. Missed seeing all the animals by that much!

i cought all the episodes of this thanks to my girlfriend finding it and setting the dvr. it wasnt a bad show over all, like many i thought the host was a little over the top but it was finally nice to see some trains on tv on a regular basis rather then the 3 episodes the history channel had before that had been on repeat forever and a day.

Back