Fare increase

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BLOND37

OBS Chief
Sorry if this has been mentioned. I just came back to this group after some time away. I woke up today to find Acela BC and FC prices went up $1!

No no. I know that! I mean they went up a dollar!!! Acela base fares ugh why bother. I won't post here anymore.

I'm going to leave. But before I do I'm going to post that I'm leaving. Because it's very important that you know this. Otherwise you might not realize I had left.

Amtrak uses "demand pricing" just like the airlines, so prices fluctuate everyday.

jb
To clarify, demand pricing meaning prices naturally rise as tickets sell. Not that Amtrak raises the base price or gets rid of saver tickets to boost revenue during peak travel periods, such as around the holidays.

I'm going to leave. But before I do I'm going to post that I'm leaving. Because it's very important that you know this. Otherwise you might not realize I had left.
And we wonder why people seem to be leaving... Got to admit it doesn't feel very welcoming any more. Your comment was unnecessary Chris, regardless of whether BLOND37 was overreacting or not.

Last edited by a moderator:
And we wonder why people seem to be leaving... Got to admit it doesn't feel very welcoming any more. Your comment was unnecessary Chris, regardless of whether BLOND37 was overreacting or not.
Easy, tiger. I have no history with the OP and my comment came after he had already announced he was leaving so blaming me for his decision makes no logical sense. When the OP went out of his way to make yet another dramatic scene about "closing" his free account I let him be. Just to be clear, the big AU exodus didn't happen after I showed up. It happened after AlanB parted ways with the administration. Correlation does not necessarily imply causation but that's a far more accurate window of when several of our longtime contributors either left or simply stopped posting for whatever reason. You're absolutely entitled to your own opinion but you're not entitled to present revisionist history as fact or to use me as some sort of scapegoat.

Correlation does not necessarily imply causation but that's a far more accurate window of when several of our longtime contributors either left or simply stopped posting for whatever reason. You're absolutely entitled to your own opinion but you're not entitled to present revisionist history as fact or to use me as some sort of scapegoat.
Heh heh. I completely agree with you. However, as we know "Alternative Facts" are in vogue of late, and maybe AU is getting infected with the same. Sigh ...

Personally I don't see what pissed the OP off. I did not see any offensive post. So I prefer to ignore such tantrums and go on with life. you cannot cater to every piece of infantile behavior.

A 1% fare increase went into effect for Acela Express and Long Distance trains yesterday, January 24.

drama.gif

I'm surprised the OP bailed out on us. Nobody even called him dumb or stupid as has happened to some. Must be thin-skinned, eh? :p

Here's an updated chart showing the increased fares of 24 Jan 2017:

25 Jan 2017 Amtrak Fare Buckets 002.jpg

It also now separates trains having two end points (LSL & EB)

Back