Favorite Amtrak Paint Scheme

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Favorite Amtrak Paint Scheme

• Phase I

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Phase II

• Phase III

• Phase IV / Northeast Direct

• Phase IVb (with the new logo and red stripe on bottom)

• Phase V / Acela and look alikes

• Surfliner

• Pacific Northwest talgo

• Turboliner II rebuild

• Amtrak California

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

P40Power

OBS Chief
Whats everybodys favorite Amtrak Paint scheme? Mine is without a doubt Phase III, especially the Phase III on the P40 units where it used to fade out at the end of the stripe. It was pretty hard creating this poll because there has been a recent emergence of new paint jobs, and modifications of old ones.

Awww darn! Sorry, ya I didnt join too long ago while i did go through many of the older pages of the fourms to check if there was a poll like this, I must have missed it!

Well now Ill have to think up a unique poll, Im not sure what it will be about but you can bet it will be unique.

I voted for Phase Vi because it looks the best on the Amfleets, Superliners is another story. But locomotive wise, PHASE IV BABY! :D

Wow battalion, thats a real odd lookin baggage car you have for an Avatar. I didnt know they painted baggage cars into Acela schemes :blink:

P40Power said:
Wow battalion, thats a real odd lookin baggage car you have for an Avatar.  I didnt know they painted baggage cars into Acela schemes :blink:
That isn't a normal baggage car, its one Painted for the Vermonter (When it had baggage service). It has been seen around the system in Chicago (AlanB) and in Florida/Silver Service (Me [Palmetto and Silver Star] and Battalion51 [silver Star, Palmetto{?}]). The car is #1800.

Here's another photo of it:

amt1800b.jpg

Oh you couldnt tell that it was a Vermonter baggage car from that little picture. I definatly dont like the Acela stripping on it. Im also supprised that the logo is still sporting an F40PH, I would have thought some one would have drawn a little genesis loco in there by now! :rolleyes:

Yeah, actually, just a week or so ago, I saw 21 come through town with that car on it, so you're right, it's been around Chitown.

I wonder if not having that baggage car on the Vermonter anymore if that has negitively impacted ridership since alot of people used that car to transport their skies and bikes and stuff up to Vermont.

I always thought that the "Pepsi Cans" looked good and I miss that scheme when seeing the P32's in the Phase IV scheme. They don't look so bad in the Amtrak California scheme either.

The Phase V, Shamoo scheme only looks when viewed from directly headon, at least to me. Won't comment on the Acela blops but to say that thankfully they didn't infect the rest of the fleet.

Allen

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back