First Restored Superliner

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Joseph Boardman was in Beech Grove yesterday to unveil the first Superliner car restored as part of the recent stimulus funding. From the picture, you can tell it was a sightseer lounge.

http://www.theindychannel.com/news/20302642/detail.html#
Great news, first dibs is for the EB from SEA to SPK,then the poor CONO and its sister the TE,weve been ignored too long

down here,hopefully the diners will come next so the PDX-SPK tain can have @ least a CCC and give the EB another way

to feed its full loads! :lol:

It went by quickly, but it looked like 33016 was the car number. Anyone else able to see it?

It went by quickly, but it looked like 33016 was the car number. Anyone else able to see it?
I was able to pause the video at just the right moment... it was 33016. And as HokieNav stated, it is on the OTOL list.

33016#! wrecked Home Valley WA 4/05 $1,184

-------------------------

# means wrecked

! means to be rebuilt with stimulus funds

$1,184 means $1,184,000 estimated cost to repair

Source

If it was wrecked at Home Valley, WA, it would have been on either 27 or 28.

According to this page, it was 27. However, the report also says the "spill" occurred in Oregon, which in fact is across the river from the accident scene.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes, its 33016. I noticed in one of the views of the workers rebuilding some cars, I noticed a Viewliner, either a sleeper or the prototype diner :) :) . I sure hope it was the diner. And note that Sightseer got the cherry veneer walls as in the diner-lounges/recently refurnished diners.

cpamtfan-Peter

Think it will have a little plaque somewhere on the inside "Repaired by the Federal Re-Investment and Recovery Act fund" ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back