Florida questons

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How do I translate P621/P649/P687 into train numbers or names that I am more familiar with?
These are respectively weekday, Saturday, and Sunday train numbers, most likely representing approximately the same time slot every day of the week.

Although the tracks on which Tri-Rail (and Amtrak Silver Service, and CSX freights) operates is now owned by the state of Florida, the "P" prefix was a requirement of CSX. "P" of course stands for Passenger. Note that at various times, the train numbers for commuter trains operating over CSX trackage has had the "P" prefix, including VRE's Fredericksburg line, MARC's Brunswick & Camden Lines, and MBTA's Worcester line. Though I think at some point some, if not all, were able to drop the "P"'s.

battalion51 said:
P621 and P687 are the same time, P649 is two hours later than those two.
I got it now. It appears that they are working southbound only. What is the northbound numbers? Or am I retarded . . . and not reading the schedules correctly.

Superliner Diner, thanks for your info. too.

They're pretty good down here for the most part. But like anywhere else there a few that aren't as good. Since they've changed jobs recently and people are still rolling its hard to know which ones are good and bad right now.

battalion51 said:
They're pretty good down here for the most part. But like anywhere else there a few that aren't as good. Since they've changed jobs recently and people are still rolling its hard to know which ones are good and bad right now.
Well, as long as I am on the train, I will be happy. :D

Back