Following Anniversary Engine #184

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
184 is heading east now on the California Zephyr that's due into Chicago later today. It's still the second unit, but now it's the second of three engines. I caught Amtrak #6(20) at Agency, Iowa running on the left track to eventually pass a coal train.

MVI_3744_Moment.jpg

MVI_3744_Moment(2).jpg

I caught AMTK 184 leading Amtrak #6(07) this afternoon running over seven hours late out of Ottumwa, Iowa. Considering this train started nearly seven hours late out of Emeryville, I'm surprised it didn't lose more time.

DSCN5986.JPG

I caught AMTK 184 leading Amtrak #5(16) at Agency, Iowa this evening. And if I had chosen the first crossing east of here, I could've gotten a shot of it meeting Amtrak #6(14) running over nine and a half hours late.

DSCN6014.JPG

I caught 184 as the second of three engines leading Amtrak #6(19) in Iowa today. It had been seen as the first of two last night after having left Denver.

DSCN6044.JPG

Since 184 went west on #5(28), I was expecting it back yesterday on #6(31). Instead it came back through Iowa today on #6(01). It was also the second of three engines this time.

MVI_4041_Moment.jpg

Back