For you that have a lot of time on your hands

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ben_G

Service Attendant
OK heres the deal...want to leave from CDL, to Chicago in coach, EB to Sea in roomette, spend a couple days in Sea, need nearby decent but not real expensive hotel there for two nights,( I am a Super 8 kind of guy) catch the CS south to LAX or other station (one that catching the east bound CZ would pass thru....roomette....Spend a couple night, again need reasonable hotel in whatever town is best then to catch the CZ back to Chicago.....roomette, then coach back to CDL.

Other option is replace CZ eastbound with SL from LAX to NOL and then north on CONO to CDL

4 adults...three seniors. Trying to get SIL and BIL on a vacation other than their regular places.

Keep in mind, if you're going to LAX, you won't be riding the Zephyr.

The CZ leaves from the San Francisco Bay Area. The scenery is better on this train than on the Southwest Chief, the LA-Chicago train, but you would get less overall train time than if you went to LA, and you would have the scenery plus the amenities of the PPC (hopefully) on the Coast Starlight, which has some incredible ocean views.

The CZ leaves from the San Francisco Bay Area. The scenery is better on this train than on the Southwest Chief, the LA-Chicago train, but you would get less overall train time than if you went to LA, and you would have the scenery plus the amenities of the PPC (hopefully) on the Coast Starlight, which has some incredible ocean views.

I understand the CZ don't leave out of LAX , thats why I put in doing a short stop along the CS route at a station the CZ does connnect to and leave from. If IRC there are a couple stations that would be possable from. If we decided on the southern route on the SL rather than thru the mountians we would have to go to LAX and then east from there. We have seen the rockys but the BIL and SIL have not been west of the MIssissippi river as far as I know. The southern route would have us going to NOL then back north to CDL on the CONO rather than back thru CHI and then south on the CONO to CDL.

Wife says she would rather go south if she could see some cactus....LOL. I told her just buy one at Wal-Mart.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back