Forum member to be on Dr. Phil!

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Squeakz2001

Service Attendant
Hi! I know this has really nothing to do with trains (except for the fact that we tried to get them to send us to Hollywood via train rather than airplane). But my husband and I will be featured on Dr. Phil this Wednesday (30th). This was because my husband has an extensive Star Wars collection. It is not a bad show, rather a funny light-hearted show that is teasing and fun. I in no way tried to make him get rid of his 6000+ items in his collection, I just wanted everyone to see the collection he's so proud of. So tune in at CBS on Wednesday!

Just hope he didn't try to get you to break down on air and convert to "the masses:"

"And as fer yeeeeww!!! I hear ya'll wanted to come out here on one of them Amtrak Trains? What ah need ya' to do, is look me straight in the eyes, an tell me why it is so importan' for ya'll ta be Comin outcheer aboard a train that takes TEEEEEEW days, instead'a simply gettin onboard a jet plane, an' flyin' out'cheer in just 4 hours! I think what yeeeeww need'ta do, is stop and ask yerself 'Why, am, I, in no Hurry?' 'Why, do, I, feel the need to take my time?' 'Why, don't, I, want, to be crammed in like a Sardine?' and "Why, do, I, think I'm better than everyone for not wantin' ta' eat Peanuts and Graham Crackers?' The answer's insid'a ya! Yeeeww jus' need ta' be honest enough with yourself to let it out, alright?!?"

Apologies in advance if I offended anyone with my Dr Phil McGraw Drawl

Just hope he didn't try to get you to break down on air and convert to "the masses:"
"And as fer yeeeeww!!! I hear ya'll wanted to come out here on one of them Amtrak Trains? What ah need ya' to do, is look me straight in the eyes, an tell me why it is so importan' for ya'll ta be Comin outcheer aboard a train that takes TEEEEEEW days, instead'a simply gettin onboard a jet plane, an' flyin' out'cheer in just 4 hours! I think what yeeeeww need'ta do, is stop and ask yerself 'Why, am, I, in no Hurry?' 'Why, do, I, feel the need to take my time?' 'Why, don't, I, want, to be crammed in like a Sardine?' and "Why, do, I, think I'm better than everyone for not wantin' ta' eat Peanuts and Graham Crackers?' The answer's insid'a ya! Yeeeww jus' need ta' be honest enough with yourself to let it out, alright?!?"

Post of the day!

Post of the day!
Heck, that's the post of the week.

:lol:

Kim, that was one of the funniest Dr. Phil shows I've ever seen. You and your husband look like a terrific couple and you both handled Dr. Phil wonderfully. He could have omitted his "advice" at the end, but that's Dr. Phil.

Thanks for giving us a heads up about the show.

Betty

Kim, that was one of the funniest Dr. Phil shows I've ever seen. You and your husband look like a terrific couple and you both handled Dr. Phil wonderfully. He could have omitted his "advice" at the end, but that's Dr. Phil.
Thanks for giving us a heads up about the show.

Betty

Hi! Thanks for kind words. We had a blast making the show. The media attention afterwards though, I could do without that. They are twisting it, making us sound like we hate each other- you know- typical media. But it was fun! Thanks!

ps- now you know what I look like!

Just remember "it's ok to want to take thetrain, it's ok to..." ahh heck, I wish Dr. Phil would just shut up! lol

I got the impression Dr. Phil was trying to make you look like you hated eachother as well.

It seemed obvious to me that you two are a happy, fun-loving couple. I wish they would have let you use Amtrak. It would have added to the fun.

Betty

UPDATE:

They are airing the show AGAIN (darn it!) this Thursday, the 31st. If you missed the Star Wars freak last time, tune in this Thursday.... Still mad they wouldn't let us take the train!

Hi! I know this has really nothing to do with trains (except for the fact that we tried to get them to send us to Hollywood via train rather than airplane). But my husband and I will be featured on Dr. Phil this Wednesday (30th). This was because my husband has an extensive Star Wars collection. It is not a bad show, rather a funny light-hearted show that is teasing and fun. I in no way tried to make him get rid of his 6000+ items in his collection, I just wanted everyone to see the collection he's so proud of. So tune in at CBS on Wednesday!
How cool! Tell him I have a R2D2 cookie jar, I wonder if it's worth anything?

Hey, if they made Chewbaca cookies jars, I could get a Wookie jar... :p

How cool! Tell him I have a R2D2 cookie jar, I wonder if it's worth anything?

Hey, if they made Chewbaca cookies jars, I could get a Wookie jar... :p

I am so sick of Star Wars, its not even funny. And it seems like the Dr. Phil people are playing this thing up. I saw myself on a commercial for it this morning. :-(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back