Fresh Meat.

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

el Guapo

Train Attendant
Greetings from a former Lurker. :ph34r:

I've been skulking around here for a few months now and thought I should join up since I just booked some tickets for next summer (yes, already). We're going to do a grand lap of America with the kids after school's out. LAX - WAS and back via the Sunset Ltd, Crescent and returning by the Capitol and the Chief.

We've done a cross country trip before (LAX-NYP) and are looking forward to blazing new trails. I'm not exactly a newb, but I'm sure I'll have some questions.

Greetings from a former Lurker. :ph34r:
I've been skulking around here for a few months now and thought I should join up since I just booked some tickets for next summer (yes, already). We're going to do a grand lap of America with the kids after school's out. LAX - WAS and back via the Sunset Ltd, Crescent and returning by the Capitol and the Chief.

We've done a cross country trip before (LAX-NYP) and are looking forward to blazing new trails. I'm not exactly a newb, but I'm sure I'll have some questions.
Aloha former Lurker

Welcome!

Booking now for next summer is not early - it's just smart! ;) This way, you probably got the low bucket price! :cool: One suggestion - don't have the tickets printed until you want or need them to be. (It makes changes and cancellations - :eek: not that you would - so much easier.

If you come up with any questions, ask away!

Welcome!
Booking now for next summer is not early - it's just smart! ;) This way, you probably got the low bucket price! :cool: One suggestion - don't have the tickets printed until you want or need them to be. (It makes changes and cancellations - :eek: not that you would - so much easier.

If you come up with any questions, ask away!
Welcome. "Beware the_traveler", but also heed his advise. He will make you want to travel by train ALL THE TIME! I am currently re-arranging several business trips, and will have to get up at three o'clock in the GD morning a couple of days, JUST to take the train..........hahaha

But this "group", such as it is, has truly reawakened my love of train travel.

Your family will have a GREAT TIME on next summer's trip. Only "advice" I would offer is to "Break it up", meaning, "get off the train" as often as you can and do the sightseeing, but I assume that is in your plans....

Welcome, we are not all rail-nerds, just me................ hahahahaha

Thanks to all for your "welcome".

As I mentioned, I've been lurking for a while, so I know who you all are! :ph34r:

We're going to get the tickets this weekend, due to the fact that I cashed-in a s-load of AMEX Membership Rewards point to pay for some of the trip. (That and it gives me an excuse to go downtown across from LAX and get some taquitos at Cielito Lindo.)

We are "breaking the trip up" a little. We're doing the trip over 12 days with 5 days in WAS and an overnight in NOL between the SSL and the Crescent.

I have some route specific questions that I'll post in another thread.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back