From warm to cold!

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Returning to IOWA from Maricopa on the 4th of January, and after waking up here in Southern Iowa this morning to MINUS 17 degrees air temperature, MAYBE I will MISS my train! I will be in Mesa by the 28th of December, and don't want to come back to THIS very bad at all!

MERRY CHRISTMAS to EVERYONE!

Just like my last trip in October after the Gathering!

I left CHI in comfortable weather, got on the EB and reached MT in cold weather and warm in PDX, switched to the CS and reached LAX where it was very warm, switch to the TE and it was hot in AZ and TX, got back to CHI where it was cold, switched to the CL and it was mild in WAS and then took a regional back to RI where it was cool. And this was all 1 trip within a week. It's hard to pack 1 small bag for a week long trip in weather like that!

The things I have to put up with! :D

Last edited by a moderator:

I left CHI in comfortable weather, got on the EB and reached MT in cold weather and warm in PDX, switched to the CS and reached LAX where it was very warm, switch to the TE and it was hot in AZ and TX, got back to CHI where it was cold, switched to the CL and it was mild in WAS and then took a regional back to RI where it was cool. And this was all 1 trip within a week. It's hard to pack 1 small bag for a week long trip in weather like that!

If you Move to Florida it'll be Warm Year Around! :p

If you Move to Florida it'll be Warm Year Around! :p
I think Penny has a restraining order out. He can visit FL, but can't move there. :giggle:

We are having a cool front now. Yesterday afternoon it was in the high 80's. Right now it is 68. Brrrrr. :lol:

We are having a cool front now. Yesterday afternoon it was in the high 80's. Right now it is 68. Brrrrr. :lol:
Break out the Parka and the Gloves and Layer Up! This sounds like the Day Dave and I got to Orlando on the Star and it was in the 60s and You Were Cold! :eek: :lol:

Albuquerque's beautiful this week. It's been close to 50 during the day and then 20 at night. I just keep my coat in the car and put it on once the sun goes down. It's colder back home, but I miss the snow, so I won't mind going back.

Merry Christmas from Minnesota! We're at a balmy 22 degrees!

Yeah, we got it. It’s cold. As if you don’t relish the joy of telling your out-of-state family on Christmas morning that it’s 10 below, as you soak up the pity. It’s why we live here. We love the pity.

Still, can your friend’s tropical locale do this?

I think that it got up to 77 today, as opposed to the customary 78 - it felt a little chilly when we went to the beach for a Christmas Day swim.

Hopefully things will get back to normal tomorrow.

Being a weather person out here has got to be a great job.

Light snow here in Newark, DE right now. :)

Working from home, so "let it snow, let it snow, let it snow" :D

Light snow here in Newark, DE right now. :)

Working from home, so "let it snow, let it snow, let it snow" :D
But working from home, you can't get a "snow day"! Chances are there is no need to plow or shovel between your bedroom and kitchen! :p
If you saw my house....just kidding. Besides it's not enough for a snow day. Not even enough to cause problems, at least here, driving. I think I did hear of traffic problems on the PA turnpike from the snow up there.

Edit: Just heard on the news of a multi-vehicle accident on a small bridge not far from me. So I guess the roads did get slick here too.

Back