Getting confused with changing reservation

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

MrKenFL

Train Attendant
Four times since the first of the year I have received notifications via amsnag that

the price of a roomette for my last leg of a May 2014 trip has been reduced. I called Amtrak

reservations, gave them my reervation number, Name etc - everything OK.

Told them I had received notification of reduced roomette cost for that leg and asked how

much to add roomette to my last leg of trip. In each case the price was about twice what Amsnag

said ! I know I'm not the brightest star in the sky but I'm not exactly stupid.

What am I doing wrong or better yet - how should I present my request !

Thanks !

Four times since the first of the year I have received notifications via amsnag that

the price of a roomette for my last leg of a May 2014 trip has been reduced. I called Amtrak

reservations, gave them my reervation number, Name etc - everything OK.

Told them I had received notification of reduced roomette cost for that leg and asked how

much to add roomette to my last leg of trip. In each case the price was about twice what Amsnag

said ! I know I'm not the brightest star in the sky but I'm not exactly stupid.

What am I doing wrong or better yet - how should I present my request !

Thanks !
Just to be sure. You do know that the room(ette) prices are in addition to the rail fare. For a room(ette) you pay the rail fare price per person plus the cost of the room(ette) (one cost, not per person).

yes, I am aware of that - but she said the cost she gave me was in addition to my coach fare that I

already had !

Perhaps you can share the numbers you're talking about (for your latest attempt). Your current fare and the fare(s) she gave you.

Also, it's possible that someone else snagged a roomette before your call and made the price jump back up for the remaining roomettes.

Another thing to do is if you see in on Amsnag get online and see if you can book it for that price. Then, at least, you have ARROW to argue with the agent about. You can always book the fare online and get a refund or voucher for the ticket you already had.

Last edited by a moderator:
I always verify Amsnag with Amtrak.com before calling reservations. For one, telling the clerk you saw it on Amsnag is going to cut no weight. Telling them you are looking at an Amtrak screen might help.

Appreciate all the responses - will check again when I get home and see if I make out better !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back