Getting on the train with stroller

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yikes! Baby needs more stuff that I expected. Instead of trying to lug everything on to a CZ sleeper car separately, can I wheel a stroller on? Baby, car seat, stroller, diaper bag all in one go. From pictures, there looks to be a little hike to the train door, but not insurmountable if we tilt the stroller up. There is no checked luggage or redcap service at our station.

I am sooo ready to leave right now!

Thanks

As said, there is a step up to the Superliner floor, but I'm certain the Car Attendant or other passengers would help you lift the stroller!
smile.gif

Thanks for the info. I guess I was wondering if they would *let* us do this. Shouldn't be a problem then, now we just have to hope for open space in the luggage rack. haha

Thanks for the info. I guess I was wondering if they would *let* us do this. Shouldn't be a problem then, now we just have to hope for open space in the luggage rack. haha
Depends on where you get on. If you get on at the "POO" Point of Orgin then you should be ok. If your getting on along the line then hope for luck! Some people bring the biggest bag they have and put it in the lower level luggage rack! :blink: Taking up a good hunk of space.

We're the 5th stop going west on the CZ. What do you do if the luggage rack is full? We're already 3 in a roomette, so i don't see luggage fitting in there.

We're the 5th stop going west on the CZ. What do you do if the luggage rack is full? We're already 3 in a roomette, so i don't see luggage fitting in there.
Yeah, you won't get too much in the way of luggage into your room. If you don't see any space in the rack, then work with the car's attendant to figure out what to do. Often they'll move things around or even just leave some bags sitting in the door area and move them around depending on which side they have to open the door on at the next stop.

When we rode the Zephyr last Summer from GBB-SAS,the Train was "SOLD OUT" and the Pax that got on in CHI had Filled the Downstairs Luggage Racks and the Vestibule was also Full of Large Luggage. Our SCA put our Bags into the Downstairs Lounge on the TransDorm which has Lots of Room and told us that Sometimes on this Train they even Store Luggage in the Downstairs H Room of the TransDorm. Since we were in the First Sleeper behind the TransDorm this Worked Fine!I have even seen Luggage in Showers, the SCAs Roomette, Unoccupied Bedrooms and Roomettes and in the Unused "Offices" and Chiefs Rooms in TransDorms. Alan mentioned that TAs arent supposed to be in the Baggage Cars, but Several Times I have seen Luggage "Stored" there by SCAs when the Train was Jammed with People and Luggage!

As most know, theres Lots more Room for Luggage on a Superliner Sleeper than a Viewliner (Outside the Rooms) so it's Good that the Western Trains Use Superliners on the LD Trains! :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back