Giordanos

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I went to New York and went out of my way to have "New York" pizza. I didn't like. It was just like pizza, only someone forgot the "za."

I ate at Patxi's is San Francisco last weekend. It's a close second to Giordano's, but he service sucks. If I didn't manage to get to Chicago at least once a year, it might do; but....

Some of the pizza from Giardano's which was shared by the last pre-gathering group going to Boston was taken on the LSL, given to Cjulin (spelling?) and later passed on to Micah and Susan when we reached somewhere around Cleveland. Those Chicago pizzas can cover a lot of ground!

I just had my first Giordano's pizza. From their Orlando, Florida restaurant. Very good. Very filling.

While there, I asked if they were the same Giordano's as the Chicago Giordano's. They assured me they were. Same menu. Same ingredients. Same recipes. The pizza certainly looks like the one in the photo posted above.

So, my question: has anyone had a chance to compare the pizza from their original Chicago location to the pizza from one of their Florida locations? If you have, how do they compare. Are we enjoying the "real deal" when we get a pizza from Giordano's in Florida? I've read postings here comparing Uno in Chicago with their locations around the country, mostly saying the franchise locations can't compare to the original. Is the same true for Giordano's?

After reading the GML rave about this place, I stopped at one this week on a day trip to Chicagoland. At the one just south of Midway Airport.

The thing with Pizza is there is such a variety of styles and I wonder how some can even be called Pizza.

I like some pizza (sicilian) but this I was not impressed with. I think someone else said it best: Its' a quiche. The innards, cheese, sauce was delicious. But I did not care for the crust at all. I too am not hungry now for Pizza for a few weeks.

But bravo for Chicago-style deep dish pizza. Its a great identifier of the city

Variations on a Theme.

As Guest just previousley said

The thing with Pizza is there is such a variety of styles and I wonder how some can even be called Pizza
Coming from St Louis Giordano's is so different as to be a complete treat. If I went to the trouble to find similar pizze in the Lou then Giordano's would lose its luster. But why would I want to do that??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back