Glenview IL parking--revisited.

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

CoachSlumber

Lead Service Attendant
I know this has been a topic before, but now that the Amtrak agent is no more at Glenview, anyone know the parking situation? I'd like to go up to Milwaukee tomorrow (saturday) but obviously have to know if I can leave my car there before embarking. I'd be coming back Sunday, so no weekdays involved.

I know this has been a topic before, but now that the Amtrak agent is no more at Glenview, anyone know the parking situation? I'd like to go up to Milwaukee tomorrow (saturday) but obviously have to know if I can leave my car there before embarking. I'd be coming back Sunday, so no weekdays involved.
Right off hand since you will not be competing with commuters, you should have no problem finding a space.

I ride out of GLN all the time. Between 4pm on Friday and 5am Monday you are fine to park in the commuter spots for free. Between 5am and 4pm weekdays you must pay $2 to park in the numbered spots. Far north end of spaces west of tracks or far south end east of tracks. There are special long term spaces paid spots if you park overnight. Hope that helps. I miss the free parking but mostly travel weekends so not a big change.

Wrong. That ended August 1st. No more going to the PD for overnight permits for Amtrak passengers. Everyone must pay $2 now to park from 5am to 4pm Mon to Fri unless you have an annual permit from the city. I am at GLN almost every week.

You have to go down to the Glenview Police Station with your ticket to get a permit for overnight parking.

Last edited by a moderator:
Is there long term parking available (more than just one overnight)?

Is there long term parking available (more than just one overnight)?
If you are traveling on a weekend... As in depart by 4pm Friday but be back by 5am Monday... you can park overnight for free in any of the spots west of the tracks.
If your travels involve an overnight on a weekday night you will need to park in one of about ten designated long term pay parking spots. They are located east of the tracks approximately three blocks south of the station (or two grade crossings south of the station). Only about ten spots there for long term overnights. I think the max is two weeks. Park. Remember your stall number. Pay at the machine on the west side platform. $2 a day for each weekday you will be parked there. Leave plenty of time if youre a newbie. Machine does mulitdays but its tricky to figure out how to set it to do more than one day. Keep your recpeit but no need to hoof it back to your car and put it on the dash.

Hope that helps. So much cheaper and easier to get that free blue or yellow parking pass from the agent.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back